Parker Schenecker one-on-one with Reggie | News
Tampa, Florida -- From tragedy comes hope in the form of charity and it comes from a man who suffered a tremendous loss.
Colonel Parker Schenecker has found it in his heart to remember his children in a very special way. Col. Schenecker, along with Grillsmith Restaurant, are kicking off a week-long effort to raise scholarship money in honor of Beau and Calyx.
"My children thought of others all the time. So this is an opportunity to raise some money, focus on some scholarships for some of the kids in the area," he explained.
From Sept. 17 to the 21, Grillsmith will donate a portion of all its sales to the Schenecker Foundation.
Last year, they raised a little over $10,000.
Top Land O Lakes-Lutz-Odessa Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Frankie's Friends' speakeasy soiree to help pets around the Bay!
- 5th annual golf tournament to benefit golf program for kids
- 19-year-old arrested for having sex with runaway girl
- "Heart of a Champion" scholarship to help 66 Hillsborough seniors
- FDOT to present proposals for widening of SR 54 in Wesley Chapel